Brothers and Sisters,
We had a meeting last week with LR and a member of the company’s benefit team to discuss the switch from Manulife to Sunlife. Before this meeting we provide changes that we would like to see with the new provider. Here are some of the improvements that we will see January 1st, 2020.
- Express Scripts will be voluntary;
- If new eye ware is required after two years, a prescription change will not be required;
- Cotton balls and rubbing alcohol for diabetic will be covered;
- A Sunlife App will be available for filling out forms to be submitted electronically;
- A call-in line for employees to speak to a Sunlife Rep (enrolment Tool);
- We are still working on further possible improvements. The company will be releasing more information regarding enrollment in September with hopes of having all members enrolled before December.